Tuesday, December 18, 2012

When I was Little: A Four-Year-Old's Memoir of Her Youth by Jamie Lee Curtis, illustrated by Laura Cornell

"When I was little, I could hardly do anything. But now I can do a lot of things, like braid my own hair, paint my toenails bubble-gum pink, and go to nursery school. I'm not a baby anymore. I'm me!" (book jacket)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I was Little by Jamie Lee Curtis is an adorable young girl's look back on her previous years. As some of us grown ups do on occasion, she's reminiscing her early childhood. This book is a great way to get a conversation started about things kids can remember from when they were younger.

It may be a way to get our children to start trying to make more memories and a way to start an early journaling project with them. While your child is still too little to write on their own, maybe if you write their memories down in his or her own words, it would be a way to have your child continue the process as they grow.


No comments:

Post a Comment